Mainly include: ● Machine flexibility When it is required to produce a series of different types of products, the difficulty of the machine to process different parts as the product changes.
● Process flexibility First, the ability to adapt to changes in products or raw materials when the process is unchanged; second, the difficulty of changing the corresponding process in the manufacturing system to adapt to changes in products or raw materials.
● Product flexibility First, after the product is updated or completely changed, the system can produce new products very economically and quickly; second, after the product is updated, the inheritance and compatibility of useful features of the old product.
● Maintenance flexibility The ability to query and handle failures in multiple ways to ensure normal production.
Flexible manufacturing system Flexible manufacturing system ● Production capacity The ability to be flexible when the production volume changes and the system can operate economically. This is especially important for manufacturing systems that organize production according to orders.
● Expansion flexibility When production needs, the system structure can be easily expanded, and modules can be added to form a larger system.
● Operational flexibility The ability to use a variety of machines, materials and processes to produce a series of products and the same product, the ability to switch to different processes.
The flexible manufacturing system is an automated manufacturing system that is managed and controlled by computer integration and is used to efficiently manufacture small and medium-lot multi-variety components. it has:
● Many standard manufacturing units, CNC machine tools with automatic loading and unloading functions;
● A material storage and transportation system that can transport workpieces and tools between the clamping stations of the machine tool;
FMS is a programmable manufacturing system that contains automatic material handling equipment. It can achieve information integration and logistics integration with the support of a computer. It can simultaneously process multiple parts with similar physical characteristics and processing techniques;
● Automatic tool and workpiece change;
● Can easily access the Internet and be easy to integrate with other systems;
● Dynamic scheduling is possible, and logistics paths can be dynamically reorganized in the event of a partial failure.
The scale of FMS tends to be miniaturized and low cost, and has evolved into a flexible manufacturing unit FMC. It may have only one machining center, but has independent automatic processing capabilities. Some FMCs have the functions of automatic transmission and monitoring management, and some FMCs can also realize unmanned operation for 24 hours. FMS used for equipment is called Flexible Equipment System (FAS)